Digital clutter impacts our health and wellness as much as physical clutter. It IS part of our environmental surroundings. Digital clutter covers communication like emails, texts, DMs, and voicemails (for those of us who are dinosaurs that still leave and accept VMs), social media including Snaps, likes and saved ideas from Facebook, Instagram or TikTok; photos on your phone, on your computer or in the cloud (not to mention what has been sent to you in shared files, texts, emails and DMs). Then there are all of the digital files and folders.
I have been trying various tips and tricks for a couple years to try to dial into what will be sustainably productive for me to finally get on top of this digital clutter. I think I have a system and that is what I want to share with you. What habits and actions I do each week to manage the digital clutter.
Here is what you can expect in this episode:
- A 5-step process for tackling digital clutter.
- A real life example of what Sustainable Sue does each week to tackle digital clutter.
- The SMART way to tackle any habit change.
Listen at the link below or search for “Sustainable Productivity with Susan Sanders” everywhere podcasts are available.
Links to Learn More
Here is the list I work from each session of digital clean up. Not to mention… graph paper to do list for the win!
Links mentioned in this episode of the Sustainable Productivity podcast:
- Sign up for episode emails, weekly essays, and links so you never miss a thing!
- Be the first to hear about 5-star books by joining the Sustainable Sue Bookmobile at this link.
- Revisit the impact of clutter in Episode 24: 10 Tips for Conquering Clutter
We would love to hear from you. Send your feedback on the episode, suggestions for future show topics or guests, and anything else to Susan@SustainableSue.com or in a DM on Instagram.