This episode is about one of Susan’s favorite things in the world – books! Reading is one of Susan’s favorite hobbies, and hobbies are a component of the Mental Well-being dimension of Sustainable Productivity. On average, Susan reads about 15-20 books a month, but the recap provided in the episode is limited to the books that stood out because just running down every book each month would be the audio equivalent of watching paint dry.
Links mentioned in the Sustainable Productivity episode about reading:
- Sign up for episode emails, weekly essays, and links so you never miss a thing!
- You can see the complete list of books Susan has read on Goodreads, linked here.
- Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I’ve Loved by Kate Bowler can be purchased at this link.
- Seatmate by Cara Bastone is an Audible exclusive available at this link.
- God is Closer Than You Think by John Ortberg can be purchased at this link.
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin can be purchased at this link.
- In the Wild Light by Jeff Zentner was the favorite book I read this month and it can be purchased at this link.