Burnout is beyond stress and the right hobbies can be just the antidote you need to relax, recharge, and regroup. Burnout is a real thing – not something you can manage through or toughen up against. Think about what was happening in your life today. Maybe you felt like you were withdrawing from friends and responsibilities – isolating yourself. Or after months of battling stress at work, you find yourself procrastinating on completing projects and tasks. If you don’t take time for hobbies to recharge today, your body will make time through illness later. There are small steps you can take today to prevent this.
Here is what you can expect in this episode:
- Differences between stress and burnout.
- Physical and mental benefits of hobbies.
- Practical suggestions to find the right hobby for you.
Listen at the link below or search for “Sustainable Productivity with Susan Sanders” everywhere podcasts are available.
Links to Learn More
Links mentioned in this episode of the Sustainable Productivity podcast:
- Sign up for episode emails, weekly essays, and links so you never miss a thing!
- Learn more at this link about the Nomo app for tracking or quitting habits.
- Read more about the WHO guidelines about artificial sugar at this link.
- Listen to Episode 1: Stress, Evolution, and Burnout
- The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron is available at this link
We would love to hear from you. Send your feedback on the episode, suggestions for future show topics or guests, and anything else to Susan@SustainableSue.com or in a DM on Instagram.