One of the frequent questions that comes into the Sustainable Sue inbox is about where to find book recommendations. Susan does not mind being a bit of a book bully, pressing books into people’s hands and sending unsolicited recommendations at random. But her tastes may not line up with yours. Or you might be in a book rut and need to find a new book bully to tell you what to read.
Here is what you can expect in today’s episode:
- The Sustainably Productive adjustment that took Susan 48 years to start and only took 60 seconds to complete
- Where Susan finds her recommendations
- Why anti-recommendations have value and how to use them to your advantage
As always, even if you are not a book lover, this guidance applies to whatever your hobby is. If you love to lift weights, where do you get inspiration and recommendations for exercises and routines? Travelers don’t know where to go before they actually travel – if this is you, how do you learn the best places to hit in a new city? Maybe instead of a book bully, you wish you had a foodie bully – someone to recommend recipes, restaurants, and techniques to improve your food experience. Listen at the link below or search for “Sustainable Productivity with Susan Sanders” everywhere podcasts are available.
Links to Learn More
Links mentioned in this episode of the Sustainable Productivity podcast:
- Sign up for episode emails, weekly essays, and links so you never miss a thing!
- Listen to Episode 4: February Reading Roundup at this link
- Find Episode 7: How Susan Reads 200 Books a Year at this link
- Susan gets book recommendations from The Popcast with Knox and Jamie as well as 10 Things to Tell You by Laura Tremaine
- Books mentioned on this episode:
- Read about the book sale Susan mentions on this episode at this link
- Listen to Episode 13 for the latest in the Literary Life Lately series at this link
- You can see more about how to use Goodreads on this post. You can see all of Susan’s Goodreads shelves here
- Join the Sustainable Sue Bookmobile at this link to never miss a 5-star recommendation from Susan
We would love to hear from you. Send your feedback on the episode, suggestions for future show topics or guests, and anything else to Susan@SustainableSue.com or in a DM on Instagram.